Water Quality Standards
Wastewater Infrastructure Funding
Public Notices and Requests for Comments
- MPCA proposes to deny Minntac draft water permit variance application; comments sought at public hearing. The MPCA is asking for public comment on its proposed denial of U.S. Steel Minntac’s application for a water quality permit variance for the sulfate standard at its Mountain Iron facility. Comments are due Jan. 24, 2018. Public meetings will be held on Feb. 7 and 8. MESERB will not be involved in this process, but wanted to make notice of it for interested members.
- Proposed Amendment to Rules Governing Preliminary Draft EIS Option, Minnesota Rules, 4410.2550; Revisor’s ID Number R-04494. The Environmental Quality Board intends to adopt rules regarding the preparation of a draft environmental impact statement without a public hearing. Comments in support or in opposition to the rule and requests for a hearing are due Feb. 23, 2018.
- Notice of Availability of the Draft Lake Zumbro Site-Specific Standards and Request for Comment. Public meeting at 6 p.m. Feb. 1, 2018 at the People’s Energy Cooperative Conference Center (1775 Lake Shady Ave S) in Oronoco. Comments are due Feb. 1, 2018
- REQUEST FOR COMMENTS on Planned Amendments to Rules Governing Subsurface Sewage Treatment Systems Inspections and Permit Requirements Comments due Feb. 20, 2018
- Notice of Availability of the 2018 Draft Impaired Waters List and 2018 Revisions to Appendix A of the Statewide Mercury TMDL and Request for Comment. The MPCA issues a joint notice of the comment period for the 2018 Draft Impaired Waters List and revisions to portions of the Statewide Mercury TMDL. You can read more about both items here. The MPCA is accepting comments on newly added waters to the list through Jan. 26, 2018.
- Triennial Standards Review and Public Comment Period. The MPCA has announced commencement of the triennial standards review, which looks at the need for amendments and revisions to water quality rules. You can find more information on the subjects open for review and details on the comment period here. Comments are due Feb. 9, 2018. MESERB is preparing comments and appreciates any input that you have as we prepare it. Please send your input to Daniel Marx at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legislation of Interest
The 2018 Minnesota Legislative Session begins Feb. 20. Please check back here during the session for links to legislation that may affect MESERB members.