The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) will publish a second request for comments on possible amendments to rules governing water quality fees in the State Register on Jan. 27. These possible amendments will affect fees for municipal and industrial wastewater permits, municipal wastewater variances, municipal stormwater permits, feedlot permits and subsurface sewage treatment systems. During the public comment period, which will run from Jan. 27 through 4:30 p.m. on March 13, the MPCA will hold the following stakeholder meetings to share information about fee revisions and the intent of this rulemaking:
- Alexandria – 1-3 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5
Douglas County Library (Large Conference Room), 720 Fillmore St.
- Marshall – 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 6
Marshall-Lyon County Library Community Room, 201 C St.
- St. Paul – 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Monday, Feb. 10, 2020
MPCA St. Paul Office – Lower Level Conference Rooms, 520 Lafayette Road and by videoconference at:
- MPCA Brainerd/Baxter office videoconference room: 7678 College Road, Suite 105 in Baxter
- MPCA Detroit Lakes office videoconference room: 714 Lake Ave., Suite 220
- MPCA Duluth office videoconference room: 525 Lake Ave. South, Suite 400
- MPCA Mankato office videoconference room: 12 Civic Center Plaza, Suite 2165
- MPCA Marshall office videoconference room: 504 Fairgrounds Road, Suite 200
- MPCA Rochester office videoconference room: 18 Wood Lake Drive SE
- Rochester – 1-3 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13
Olmsted County Government Center – Board Chambers
151 4th St. SE
There is no need to RSVP for any of these meetings, which are open to the public. Please share this announcement with other interested parties that you know. They can sign up to receive notices about the water quality fee rules here. Information and updates about this rulemaking are available on the water quality fee rule webpage.